Sexual Health priorities and diagnostic tests have changed substantially over the years. This guidance aims to:
• Provide helpful and straightforward advice for GPs and practice nurses
• Reflects the current evidence base
• Is LJF compliant
• Outlines a strategy for risk management
• Supports a clear symptom-based means to diagnosis
• Gives guidance about when to refer.
For non urgent clinical queries, clinic staff can email Chalmers.ClinicalAdv@nhslothian.scot.nhs.uk. Emails are checked by responded to within 48 hours.